A $1,000 NON-REFUNDABLE FEE MADE OUT TO THE CITY OF DOVER FOR COMMERCIAL-INDUSTRIAL WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME THE APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED. SAID FEE WILL BE APPLIED TO BALANCE DUE UPON PERMIT APPROVAL.
STEP #1: PLANNING AND ZONING REQUIREMENTS
- Recorded copy of your warranty deed, showing your name and legal description.
- Compliance with (a) Zoning (b) Subdivision (c) Storm-water (d) Floodplain regulations.
- Complete the plot plan as directed on the form provided (show all setbacks from structure to property lines). Setbacks are determined by your property zone.
- Erosion and sediment must be contained on-site and control methods depicted on a site plan. A storm-water plan must be filed if your building site is within a development requiring it, or it creates over 20,000 sq. ft of impervious surface, or is on a slope of 8% or greater.
- A Development Permit will be required if your parcel of land is located in a floodplain and/or floodway. For structures located in a floodway, an Idaho licensed architect or engineer must design the foundation.
STEP #2: BEFORE THE APPLICATION IS ACCEPTED, THE FOLLOWING APPROVALS MUST BE OBTAINED:
- Septic/Sewer Approval (for residential and commercial projects): a signature on the application from the city if within its service area, or if outside the city’s area then from Panhandle Health District (322 Marion St., Sandpoint, Idaho, 83864, 208-265-6384), or a letter of approval from your sewer district.
- Water Approval: a signature on the application form if in city service area or water district, if not on a private well.
- Other approvals may be required (ITD, EPA, DEQ, Fire Department, City, etc.).
- You will need any or all of the above signatures or approval letters before you turn in your application.
- An energizing permit allowing connection of electricity to the building will be issued with the building permit by the city.
- Make sure all non-shaded areas of the application are complete.
- Provide clear directions to the building site.
- After reading the notice at the bottom of the permit page, print name legibly, sign your name and date the application.
- Return completed application, required approvals, deposit, and required information to the City of Dover or to James A. Sewell and Associates.
****INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED****
STEP #3: BUILDING AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
- TWO (2) complete sets of construction plans drawn to scale showing the following information:
- Elevations of all sides of the structure.
- Utility Details (show existing, approx. locations, easements).
- Floor plans of all floor levels, showing location of smoke detectors and size and location of windows and doors.
- Footing and foundation details (show sizes and rebar schedules).
- Complete framing details showing all structural components (header and beam sizes, window schedules, and insulation R-Values are required on all plans).
- Typical cross-section of the structure showing elevations of the interior.
- Roof details/truss specifications (indicate size, spacing, and direction of rafters, or provide engineered or manufactured truss specifications).
- Dimensions must be clearly indicated on the plans.
- NOTE: One set of the approved plans will be stamped by James A. Sewell & Associates and MUST REMAIN ON THE JOB SITE AT ALL TIMES.
- Your application will be reviewed for compliance with Local, State, and Federal Codes (corrections may need to be completed prior to final approval).
STEP #4: STATE REQUIREMENTS:
1. State electrical, mechanical, and plumbing permits are required. For more information, contact the State Division of Building Safety 800-955-3044.
CITY OF DOVER 208-265-8339
BRYAN QUAYLE, PLANNING & ZONING ADM. 208-263-4720
JAMES A. SEWELL & ASSOCIATES, LLC 208-263-4160
1319 North Division Ave
Sandpoint, ID 83864