A $1,000 NON-REFUNDABLE FEE MADE OUT TO THE CITY OF DOVER FOR COMMERCIAL-INDUSTRIAL WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME THE APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED. SAID FEE WILL BE APPLIED TO BALANCE DUE UPON PERMIT APPROVAL.
STEP #1: PLANNING AND ZONING REQUIREMENTS
- Recorded copy of your warranty deed, showing your name and legal description.
- Compliance with (a) Zoning (b) Subdivision (c) Stormwater (d) Floodplain regulations.
- Complete the plot plan as directed on the form provided. (Show all setbacks from structure to property lines). Setbacks are determined by your property zone.
- Erosion and sediment must be contained on-site and control methods depicted on a site plan. A stormwater plan must be filed if your building site is within a development requiring it or it creates over 20,000 sq ft of impervious surface, or is on a slope of 8% or greater.
- A Development Permit will be required if your parcel of land is located in a floodplain and/or floodway. (For structures located in a floodway, an Idaho licensed architect or engineer must design the foundation).
STEP #2: BEFORE THE APPLICATION IS ACCEPTED, THE FOLLOWING APPROVALS MUST BE OBTAINED:
- Septic/Sewer approval (for residential and commercial projects): a signature on the application from the city if within its service are, or if outside the city’s area then from Panhandle Health District (322 Marion St., Sandpoint, Idaho, 83864, 208-265-6384), or a letter of approval from your sewer district.
- Water approval: a signature on the application form if in city service area or water district, if not on a private well.
- Other approvals may be required (ITD, EPA, DEQ, Fire Department, City, etc.).
- You will need any or all of the above signatures or approval letters before you turn in your application.
- An energizing permit allowing connection of electricity to the building will be issued with the building permit by the city.
- Make sure all non-shaded areas of the application are complete.
- Provide clear directions to the building site.
- After reading the notice at the bottom of the permit page, print name legibly, sign your name and date the application.
- Return completed application and required approvals & deposit & required information to the City of Dover or to James A. Sewell and Associates, LLC, 1319 North Division Ave, Sandpoint, ID.
- TWO (2) complete sets of construction plans drawn to scale showing the following information:
- Elevations of all sides of the structure.
- Utility Details (show existing, approx. locations, easements)
- Floor plans of all floor levels, showing location of smoke detectors, size and location of window and doors.
- Footing and Foundation details (show sizes and rebar schedules).
- Complete framing details showing all structural components (header and beam sizes window schedules &insulation R-Values are required on all plans).
- Typical cross-section of the structure showing elevations of the interior.
- Roof details/truss specifications (indicate size, spacing. and direction of rafters, or provide engineered or manufactured truss specifications).
- Dimensions must be clearly indicated on the plans.
- NOTE: One set of the approved plans will be stamped by James A. Sewell & Associates, and MUST REMAIN ON THE JOB SITE AT ALL TIMES.
2. Your application will be reviewed for compliance with Local, State, and Federal Codes. (Corrections may need to be completed prior to final approval).
STEP #4: STATE REQUIREMENTS:
1. State electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits are required. For more information contact the State Division of Building Safety, 800-955-3044.
BRYAN QUAYLE, PLANNING & ZONING ADM. 208-263-4720
JAMES A. SEWELL & ASSOCIATES, LLC 208-263-4160
1319 North Division Ave
Sandpoint, ID 83864