Parking within the City of Dover is regulated by Ordinance 99, which can be found in its entirety by clicking here.
It is unlawful to stand or park a vehicle in these locations:
- Designated disability parking.
- Fire lane and/or less than fifteen (15) feet from any fire hydrant.
Any unlawfully parked vehicle can be removed and impounded by a designated towing company and/or be issued a citation to the registered owner. Any vehicle removed, impounded, and/or stored by the designated towing company will be at the owner’s sole responsibility, liability, and expense.
Penalties for Violation
Violations are punishable as follows:
- For the first offense, a warning will be to the registered owner(s) of the vehicle notifying the owner of Ordinance 99 and of the intent to enforce the ordinance and its provisions for future violations.
- For the second and subsequent offenses, fees will be determined as defined in Ordinance 99.
- The registered owner of the vehicle is responsible for any unlawful vehicle use and is responsible for any parking violation.
Trucks, Tractors, Trailers and Buses
The following vehicles cannot be parked or left standing on any public street, or on a public off-street parking area:
- Any truck tractor as defined by Idaho Code.
- Any trailer not attached to a motor vehicle.
- Any bus.
- Farm machines.
- Special purpose machines.
- Any unlicensed vehicle.
- Any vehicle with an expired license.
- Any motor truck as defined by Idaho Code with not less than two (2) of the following three (3) features:
- A diameter of the wheel rim of seventeen (17″) inches or more.
- More than two (2) axles.
- More than two (2) wheels on any one axle.